MacOS is an operating system developed by Apple Computer for Mac computers. It has been known variously over the years as "Mac OS X," "OS X," and the current "macOS." When discussing the system in general, "macOS" will be used; for references to specific versions of macOS, the form in use for that version will be used whenever possible.
How to get GnuCash for macOS
- Template:MacosFallbackPackage.dmg Gnucash-Intel-3.11 and
- Template:MacosFallbackPackage.dmg Gnucash-PPC-3.11 are now available as binary downloads from the Gnucash project at Sourceforge.
- Release notes
- are included in the disk-image.
- GnuCash 2.6.21 is the last version that supports OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) and earlier, and is the last version that will run on PowerPC Macs.
- OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) or higher is required to run Gnucash-3.0 and later.
For virtually all users it is more appropriate to download the binary rather than to use the procedure described here.
More instructions at MacOS Installation.
MacOS-specific instructions and tips for using GnuCash
- MacOS section of Frequently Asked Questions list
- Configuration Diagrams - MacOS shows where GnuCash puts configuration files within the MacOS directory structure. See also Configuration Locations for information applicable to all operating systems.
Developing macOS versions of GnuCash
- MacOS/Quartz, mostly about compiling GnuCash to run on the native "Quartz" UI of macOS.
- GnuCash bug category related to macOS packaging