FAQ/he -> He/גנוקאש
- we use the ISO code as prefix for page names here, else we do not know: is it hebrew or yiddish? Both share the same writing, but are totally different languages.
- Let us start with the main page, so I can link it from the english page. BTW, already done.
- mark all of your pages with at least [[Category:He]]. That way you can find them by category. Better you append with '|' pagename (without prefix) to get the proper sort order.
wikipedia now have a nice feater undet beta that makes tramslating much more frendly, I was wondering if it is (or will be) posibble to use it on this site as well. also, how do i nake the hebrew pages RTL? thanks
- I saw you resloved the RTL issue.
- Updates of the mediawiki software and extensions must be dicussed with the server administrator User:Warlord. We had some discussion at https://lists.gnucash.org/logs/2021/02/11.html#T15:43:39. I hope, if warlord has some time, we can set up the wiki per language. Then we can drop the pagename prefix and do more per language configuration.
- BTW, you can remove resolved issues here always.
- --Fell (talk) 21:43, 13 February 2021 (UTC)
It was mostly trial and error, I just copied stuff from other Hebrew sites. At first for the Page itself then for the Table of Contents. I'm not sure it is the right way of doing it, but it worked...
- That is, what I had donne too. The official starting is https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Directionality_support.
- --Fell (talk) 10:41, 14 February 2021 (UTC)
Not intentionally, if I did, I was probably trying to copy it over to he page for later translation work...
BTW, What will be the best/easiest way to grab a list of all pages that I'll need to work on translating? (I haven't figure that one out yet ;-))
- I think, I moved the most important parts from this discussion to Wiki Localization. That means
- counter check and remove the content here.
- add further questions about the complex there as 'ToDo's.
- Was it intended to add pages to [[Category:Development]]?