Open Hebrew Translation Issues
- Right, I know the feeling. When the wiki started as https://linuxwiki.de/GnuCash, we had german user and english developer pages. When we moved to wiki.gnucash.org the userpages got translated and the context was no longer obvisious. Later we started to use Special:Categories, but older pages are still not categorized. Perhaps you can add categories while you read the page?
- Here is the list of all pages: Special:AllPages. There are not so much. ;-)
- Starting from GnuCash
- Pages about communication IRC, Mailing Lists, Bugzilla are versatil for users and devs and so perhaps of higher priority. But some pages linked there like Bugzilla Administration are maintainer-only.
- One indicator about priority: Did you see a link in https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash-htdocs/blob/master/po/he.po like Contributing_to_GnuCash?
- --Fell (talk) 11:24, 23 March 2021 (UTC)
Thanks for that list Frank, looks like there are quite a lot of old and not so relevant stuff in there... I wouldn't mind adding categories to en pages as well, do we have a list of preferred categories we would like to categorize by? --Avma (talk) 07:45, 24 March 2021 (UTC)
- You are now promoted to editors and can directly move pages and also delete your old empty pages.
- You can also create category hierarchies by adding a category to a category page. See my recent changes. As MacOS is a subcategory of Operating System, Operating System is no longer required.
- The fine tuning of this has still to be done.
- We develope the topology on demand.
- --Fell (talk) 12:05, 24 March 2021 (UTC)
- Help: is IMHO too general. For Backup aside of "Usage" something like "Users Maintenance" would be more appropriate.
I would not "spam" with categories.
GTK is the library, which creates the user interface of the Gnome desktop ans several programs like GnuCash similar to Qt for KDE. The tools mentioned there serve only to tweak the appearance in contrast to the collection in the tools page.
- If you did not install strange GTK themes, you should be almost happy with the defaults.
- Build is about compiling etc the program.
- Installation is about installing Gnucash on different OSes and similar like Flatpak
- Version should be avoided as every software has a version. "GnuCash Version" was a mistake for which I found no way to revert it.
- --Fell (talk) 22:20, 31 March 2021 (UTC)
Fill Editor's summary below the text edit box on each commit
Then we can save much time later while searching for a specific change from the page history.
BTW you should remove resolved sections from this page.