Flatpaks are bundles which besides the program also contain all required libraries. Use cases:
- If your Linux distribution is too old to offer all required libraries but has Flatpak support, you can install a recent released version of GnuCash from the FlatHub repository.
- If a developer asks you to test a patch, you can use a nighly version from our Flatpak repository.
- To use smart cards, at least Flatpak 1.3.2 needs to be installed on your system. Complain against your distribution if they do not offer it.
- no direct report printing (printing to file works) and
- a potential bug that causes guile to attempt to recompile all scm sources. Workaround
Examples for Ubuntu or Debian (in Buster, Flatpak is already included, for Stretch and Jessie backports exist):
- For other distributions replace apt* <command> by your preferred commandline software managment tool and its command, i.e. for many rpm based distributions.
zypper install flatpak
Stable version from flathub.org
See also: Flathub
Current flathub version Gnucash 3.8 ships with Aqbanking 6.1.0 which is suitable PSD2 using online banking with the FinTS/HBCI protocol.
sudo apt-get install flatpak sudo flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo flatpak run org.gnucash.GnuCash
Test version from gnucash.org
- Save your data before using test versions!
Often you can find test versions on the build-server. They come in two flavours:
- The file names in these directories can be used in the example below after trimming the „gnucash-“ prefix and „.flatpakref“ suffix.
sudo apt install flatpak #install Flatpak # register repositories: sudo flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists gnucash https://code.gnucash.org/builds/flatpak/gnucash-nightlies.flatpakrepo sudo flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo flatpak --arch=x86_64 remote-ls gnucash # show all packages # output should be: # org.gnucash.GnuCash # org.gnucash.GnuCash.Debug # org.gnucash.GnuCash.Locale sudo flatpak --arch=x86_64 install gnucash org.gnucash.GnuCash//maint-C3.8b-163-g0e6c9e219-D3.8b-15-g0479ece # <-- change version here! flatpak run org.gnucash.GnuCash # start program
- flatpak --arch=x86_64 is only required, if you have a 64-bit processor with a 32-bit OS.
- To call aqbanking-cli and other command line tools
- opens a shell inside the sandbox of GnuCash.
flatpak run --command=sh org.gnucash.GnuCash
- Migration from normal package to flatpak (german)