GnuCash provides the following binary releases. When feasible and after testing, they can be updated to provide the new version. While the canonical repositories are on code, those are accessible only to the core team so the links are to the Github mirrors.
Keep in mind that these binary distributions are for ordinary users. As a general rule only stable release dependencies should be used for these packages. Exceptions may be made when an unstable release fixes a serious bug, but that should be discussed at length by the core team.
For developers with push privileges, unless you're able to
- test the new dependency version yourself,
- the upgrade is stable, and
- you're certain that there won't be a negative impact on users
create a pull request on Github so that others in the core team can test the change.
URLs and SHAs are stored in gnucash-on-flatpak/templates/org.gnucash.GnuCash.json.tpl.
- Repos, filenames and versions are stored in gnucash-on-windows/blob/master/gnucash.modules,
- on changes of major versions, adjust the include dirs in bundle-mingw64.ps1.
Nightlies are currently built for Flatpak and Windows.
- Bundling unstable dependencies
- Enable debug symbols (-g) also on this modules. More detailed stack traces will help their developers to fix critical bugs faster.