MacOS is an operating system developed by Apple Computer for Mac computers. It used to be known as "Mac OS X", and that name persists in many pages of the GnuCash documentation.
How to get GnuCash for MacOS
- Template:MacosFallbackPackage.dmg Gnucash-Intel-3.11 and
- Template:MacosFallbackPackage.dmg Gnucash-PPC-3.11 are now available as binary downloads from the Gnucash project at Sourceforge.
- Release notes
- are included in the disk-image.
- GnuCash 2.6.21 is the last version that supports Mac OS X 10.8 and earlier, and so the last version that will run on PowerPC Macs.
- Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) or higher is required to run Gnucash-3.0 and later.
For virtually all users it is more appropriate to download the binary rather than to use the procedure described here.
More instructions at MacOS Installation.
MacOS-specific instructions and tips for using GnuCash
- MacOS section of Frequently Asked Questions list
- Configuration Diagrams - MacOS shows where GnuCash puts configuration files within the MacOS directory structure. See also Configuration Locations for information applicable to all operating systems.