GnuCash is the leading GPL'ed Desktop Financial Manager Application. Appropriate for personal and small business use, it is meant to be easy to use and full of features.
(Parts of) this wiki have been translated into other languages or contain information for one specific language only. These are the index pages for these language dependent sections:
- de/GnuCash Deutsche Wiki-Seiten, im Entstehen (German pages, work in progress)
- pt/GnuCash Sítio Wiki em Português, em andamento. (Portuguese Wiki site, work in progress)
- The Glossary explains some often used terms.
- The GnuCash FAQ contains the collection of all frequently asked questions about GnuCash, including administration, accounting, and glossary questions.
- Read the online copy of the released documentation and the most recent, unstable SVN versions.
- List to external international documentation and a somewhat outdated list of available online documentation
- GnuCash Quick Start Guide For Business Users. Also, business users might be interested in a book by PacktPub, UK: GnuCash 2.4 Small Business Accounting, by Ashok Ramachandran
- Using GnuCash collects real life experiences with GnuCash. You may find (user) solutions here that are not covered by the documentation.
- Some more specific topics:
- "Normal" Usage
- Scripting and Programming:
- Error Seaching:
- OS specific:
OS/Distro specific annotations:
- MacOSXInstallation and MacOSX/Quartz
- Microsoft Windows: GnuCash runs on Windows as well. Download the binary package from sourceforge.net.
If you read the relevant parts of the pages above and still stuck with a problem or only wish to give some feedback, you can contact us in several ways:
- IRC chat, usually in english, is the quickest way;
- a bunch of Mailing Lists for discussions in different languages;
3. party tools
Several users published tools to work with Gnucash.
Feature request and bug tracking
- Bugzilla bug database for error reports and enhancement requests;
- "Uservoice" Feature Request Forum.
This will also influence the
You may also want to check out http://www.gnucash.org/ for the latest news.
This part of the wiki is intended to become the main repository of GnuCash developer documentation. Some formerly static pages have been moved here from the Website http://www.gnucash.org, but the move is not yet complete. Some remaining static pages may be out of date. Wherever a wiki article disagrees with a static web page on the Website, the wiki article here is more likely to be correct.
Getting involved in the project
- There is a Bounty Program in June / July 2013
- How to get involved in Contributing to GnuCash - not only for programmers ...
- Documentation Update Instructions describe the process to change both the GnuCash "Guide" and the GnuCash "Help" manuals as well as any other parts of GnuCash documentation.
- How to edit and improve the Translations, but please keep an eye on the Translation Status.
- How to improve or add new Account Hierarchy Templates.
- Reminders for the Project Administration
- GSoC Google Summer of Code
Current Source Code
- Git access
- Our Development Process
- Building GnuCash from source code.
- The Doxygen source documentation system and its wiki page.
- Coding Standards
- Some notes about the GnuCash XML format for the XML Backend.
- The schema for the SQL Backend.
- Our Release Schedule
- Future Roadmap
- A general edited list of requested enhancements: WishList
- Particular enhancements:
- Old discussions about enhancement requests that have been implemented.
- Discussion about the License
The GnuCash Project is a volunteer-driven organization. We need your help to survive and grow, to help others and to help the Project.