Article has been protected against edits from non-Admin users. This is due to spammers which at least shouldn't mess up our front page.
Please add your suggested changes here and we will commit them as soon as possible (usually in less than a few hours).--Cstim 04:53, 27 January 2006 (EST)
- 1 File Upload
- 2 Where does the Devel link belongs?
- 3 Translation
- 4 Business vs. personal
- 5 debian gnucash link doesn't work
- 6 Compliance
- 7 Mandriva
- 8 Outdated links
- 9 Including source code
- 10 Migration from static to wiki?
- 11 New Customer
- 12 Language Translation
- 13 Doxygen documentation
- 14 block wikispam with QuestyCaptcha
- 15 Translate extension
- 16 How to update GnuCash from GetDeb repository
- 17 Spelling External support pages
Uploading files (such as images) has been disabled because we didn't want to have to figure out the security implications. So it was easier to just disable it. When we need images, you can send them by e-mail to Derek Atkins and/or gnucash-devel, and he will upload them by hand, or put them into SVN. This also saves us from having to worry about image-spam on the wiki.--Cstim 10:30, 31 January 2007 (EST)
- I'd say add them both to Contributing to GnuCash and WishList, although there isn't yet a nice overview page that collects all available links to discussions like those. Probably either of those pages should become that eventually. --Cstim 06:55, 29 October 2007 (EDT)
Hello, I started working on a hebrew translation for GnuCash, I couldn't find any place to notify that I am working on it. Could you add a link to this website - http://uumpa.com/gnucash-he/ under Translation ? Or if you can think of a better place to put it... thanks, Ori.
- Done 2009-01-16 by Jsled.
Business vs. personal
Has there ever been thought of forking GnuCash into two versions - business and personal? It seems like this might make it simpler for each type of user. You would also see how many people were using each version, and be able to prioritize features a bit better. I am interested in small business use, and would be interested in more customization and flexibility related to customers, invoices, etc., but it's not clear to me how much input/momentum there is for small business use as opposed to personal. Great program overall - thanks.
The link to the list of Debian packages does not work. The link should be
- Done, see below. --Fell 16:22, 19 August 2010 (UTC)
Is there anyway of tracking how complaint GNUCash is with the appropriate taxation authorities ? I've created a page 'PAS 76' for the UK if more detail of the issue is needed.
- linked in FAQ#Q:_Is_GnuCash_compliant_with_standards_of_UK_Authorities.3F --Fell 16:22, 19 August 2010 (UTC)
Hi, I added some notes about Mandriva distribution. Please add it's page Mandriva to the front page.
- Done --Fell 16:22, 19 August 2010 (UTC)
The new link should be: Debian packages. Thanks!
- Done. --Fell 16:22, 19 August 2010 (UTC)
GnuCash help manual
The version V2.2.0 version is now online: http://www.gnucash.org/docs/v2.2/C/gnucash-help/help.html --Fiable.biz 02:30, 19 August 2010 (UTC)
- Done, thanks. --Fell 16:22, 19 August 2010 (UTC)
Including source code
I'm trying to include some source code fragments in a wiki page, but it doesn't work. i.e. This gets ignored: <source lang="scheme"> (display x) </source> instead being prettily syntax-highlighted.
Is there an option in the GnuCash wiki set-up that can be adjusted to fix this?
ChrisDennis 21:56, 21 June 2009 (UTC)
- What about:
<syntaxhighlight lang="scheme">(display x)</syntaxhighlight>?
- Hm, it seems, the extensions for source and syntaxhighlight are not installed. You could ask warlord, to install them. --Fell 16:49, 19 August 2010 (UTC)
Migration from static to wiki?
Is it planned to make the wiki the official web site for the GC project? I could help with the migration if this is a goal. --Daniel3ub 07:07, 30 August 2009 (UTC)
Just i want to drew attention about "New Customer" Application, for example if my work based in UK but my customer in other country eg.USA in this case the currency will be different, Just i think if the Application with currency exchange that will make the Application useful and easier
- Re: Did you read FAQ#Q: Posting invoice or bill results in zero value transaction in Accounts Payable or Accounts Receivable - why and how to fix this?? [FIXME: IMHO this section should be removed in a month or so.] --Fell 14:40, 3 December 2010 (UTC)
there is many different Languages in this amazing programe but i didn't found Arabic Language i can help in Language Translation from English to Arabic (Because there is about 27 country they speak Arabic and also the most asian country they understand arabic language so i think it is important.)
- Re: You should follow the instructions in Translation, not overwrite that page. --Fell 10:48, 26 December 2010 (UTC)
I didn't find much information about doxygen in this wiki. I would suggest to add it on the front page in this way :
Current Source Code
- Subversion access
- Our Development Process
- Building GnuCash from source code.
- DoxygenDoxygen source documentation system.
I also created a page describing Doxygen. --c.holtermann 00:21, 19. January 2011 MET
- Done. --Fell 12:39, 25 January 2011 (UTC)
block wikispam with QuestyCaptcha
From the Special:RecentChanges it looks like the spam blocking thingy doesn't work too good.
I operate an anti-software-patent wiki at http://en.swpat.org/ and I find QuestyCaptcha to be excellent. You write a few questions and answers, and the editor gets presented with a random one. Simple for a human, impossible for a bot.
I put instructions for setting it up here: http://en.swpat.org/wiki/User:Ciaran/spam#Spam_blocking:_Questy_Captcha
Hope that helps. Ciaran 07:35, 27 November 2012 (EST)
- True, QuestyCaptcha is very good. I've expanded the documentation about it recently. --Nemo bis 19:41, 13 January 2013 (EST)
Hello, I see that this is a multilingual wiki. Have you considered using the Translate extension, which allows to easily make your MediaWiki multilingual? It makes you save enormous amounts of time which otherwise is wasted on templates wizardry, manual synchronisation of pages and so on, scarying off most translators; and offers many other aids to efficient translation. Now it's also available in handy tarball bundles. The page explains how to get help and more information, and there is extensive documentation; asking on #mediawiki-i18n @ freenode is probably your best chance for immediate assistance if needed. Thanks, Nemo 19:40, 13 January 2013 (EST)
How to update GnuCash from GetDeb repository
Sorry, previously posted suggestion was proved to be wrong! Suggest instead to promote GetDeb instructions to come before suggestion to build it yourself.
Please add the following instructions from  to the top of the Ubuntu section (above suggestion to build it yourself):
To use the GetDeb repository in Ubuntu, follow the instructions at http://www.getdeb.net/updates#how_to_install
Many thanks to all posters!
Spelling External support pages
- Thanks for pointing that out. Done. --gjanssens 21:19, 18 June 2015 (UTC)