Open Hebrew Translation Issues
- Right, I know the feeling. When the wiki started as https://linuxwiki.de/GnuCash, we had german user and english developer pages. When we moved to wiki.gnucash.org the userpages got translated and the context was no longer obvisious. Later we started to use Special:Categories, but older pages are still not categorized. Perhaps you can add categories while you read the page?
- Here is the list of all pages: Special:AllPages. There are not so much. ;-)
- Starting from GnuCash
- Pages about communication IRC, Mailing Lists, Bugzilla are versatil for users and devs and so perhaps of higher priority. But some pages linked there like Bugzilla Administration are maintainer-only.
- One indicator about priority: Did you see a link in https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash-htdocs/blob/master/po/he.po like Contributing_to_GnuCash?
- --Fell (talk) 11:24, 23 March 2021 (UTC)
Thanks for that list Frank, looks like there are quite a lot of old and not so relevant stuff in there... I wouldn't mind adding categories to en pages as well, do we have a list of preferred categories we would like to categorize by? --Avma (talk) 07:45, 24 March 2021 (UTC)
- You are now promoted to editors and can directly move pages and also delete your old empty pages.
- You can also create category hierarchies by adding a category to a category page. See my recent changes. As MacOS is a subcategory of Operating System, Operating System is no longer required.
- The fine tuning of this has still to be done.
- We develope the topology on demand.
- --Fell (talk) 12:05, 24 March 2021 (UTC)
- Help: is IMHO too general. For Backup aside of "Usage" something like "Users Maintenance" would be more appropriate.
Categories in wrong language
I saw it just in He/תיצור מיקום. I belive you have in between localized your categories.
There a also still a few unprefixed categories in Special:Categories.
In more recent pages we put the categories into the abstract—the section before the first section header. In between I think the first line is the best place. Then you can save scrolling to change them. --Fell (talk) 07:21, 28 July 2021 (UTC)